The 2018 Ontario Provincial Election is taking place on June 7th, less than a month away. ONIWG and the Workers’ Comp Is A Right campaign are pleased to release their 2018 Ontario Election Toolkit.
The kit is adapted from the Income Security and Advocacy Centre (ISAC) 2018 Toolkit: “Making Poverty an Election Issue”, and provides injured workers and their allies with step-by-step instructions on how to make workers’ compensation an election issue.
Help make sure that every candidate understands the importance of having a fair workers’ compensation system, and keep the issue in the public eye no matter who is elected.
Here are dates for upcoming candidates’ meetings & debates in the GTA by riding (check back as more dates are added):
- May 29, Humber River-Black Creek – 6 p.m. at Driftwood Community Center 4401 Jane St. Toronto
- May 29, Mississauga-Lakeshore – 7:00 p.m. at Clarkson Secondary School – 2524 Bromsgrove Rd, Mississauga
- May 30, Parkdale-High Park – 6:30 p.m. at Bonar-Parkdale Presbyterian Church – 250 Dunn Ave, Toronto
- May 30, Davenport – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at JJP Community Centre – 1369 St Clair Ave West, Toronto
- May 30, Oakville (Unifor Local 707) – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at 707 Galaxy Banquet Hall, 475 North Service Rd. E., Oakville
- May 31, King-Vaughan – 7:00 p.m. at Villanova College, 2480 15th Sideroad, King City
- May 31, Scarborough-Guildwood – (time to be announced) at University of Toronto Scarborough campus