The Ontario Network of Injured Workers’ Groups is launching the province-wide Workers’ Comp is a Right campaign because we need to stand up to the injustices that are being committed against us as injured workers. For too long, the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) has gotten away with violating our rights through cutbacks and austerity, with no accountability. The system has been transformed from one that is supposed to support us, into one that is hostile to us.
We refuse to accept this. We are taking a stand across Ontario to reclaim our voice, and to call for a strong, public workers’ compensation system that operates according to its founding principles.
With the Workers’ Comp is a Right campaign, we have injured workers throughout the entire province coming together and organizing around three key demands:
- No cuts based on phantom jobs!
- Listen to injured workers’ treating healthcare professionals!
- Stop cutting benefits based on “pre-existing conditions”!
Together, we are powerful, and we have the collective strength to build our movement until we achieve these demands and see justice for injured workers.
- 2020 Sep. 17. “Justice for injured workers: Celebrating three years of the Workers’ Comp Is A Right campaign.” Workers’ Forum
- 2017 Sep. 12. Queen’s Park Press Conference: Campaign launch (Press release)
- 2017 Sep. 12. Workers Taking Aim At WSIB. CBC Metro Morning. (listen to interview with David Morales)
- Macdonald, Aidan & Heidi MacFarland. 2017 Sep. 12. “Workers’ Comp Is a Right”. RankAndFile.ca
- video, photos, updates at ONIWG Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OntarioNetworkIWG/ and twitter #WorkersCompIsARight