The topic is Human rights for injured workers.
Guest speaker: Brian Cook is a former Vice-Chair of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Tribunal and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. Before his work as an adjudicator, he worked in the legal clinic system representing injured workers. He is currently the Co-ordinator of Tribunal Watch Ontario.
Among topics to be discussed:
- Overview of the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Current dysfunction of the Human Rights Tribunal
- Accommodation of disability under the Code
- How the Code is different from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act when injured workers return to work
- Does the Code apply to decisions and actions of the WSIB?
Everyone is welcome.
Contact us at email@example.com if you want to join us for these sessions!
The Thunder Bay & District Injured Workers Support Group Tuesday meetings will run weekly from 10:00 to 12 noon, until June 27, 2023. More information available at https://thunderbayinjuredworkers.com/tuesday-events/