At a community forum this coming Monday, the Ontario Network of Injured Workers will be launching its Workers’ Compensation is a Right campaign. Injured workers across the province are calling for an end to some of the main methods by which the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board is cutting benefits and sending people into poverty. The campaign has three demands:
- No cuts based on phantom jobs
- Listen to injured workers’ treating healthcare professionals
- Stop cutting benefits based on ‘pre-existing conditions’
Join ONIWG and other injured workers and activists for presentations on how Ontario’s workers’ compensation has reached its current state, and action on organizing to address these issues.
Location: Workers’ Action Centre, 720 Spadina Rm 202 (south of Bloor, closest subway Spadina station)
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1984169115193511/
If tweeting from the event, use hashtag #WorkersCompIsARight
* Food will be provided at the event.
* This is a scent-free event, so please refrain from wearing scented products or fragrances. Thank you.