When workers are injured or made ill on the job, they have a right to full compensation. They have a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with the support they need to get back on their feet. For too long, the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) has gotten away with violating our rights through cutbacks and austerity, with no accountability.
Injured workers across Ontario are coming together to rise up. With a unified voice, the Ontario Network of Injured Workers’ Groups is launching the Workers’ Compensation is a Right Campaign throughout the province, to make three key demands for systemic change:
- No cuts based on phantom jobs!
- Listen to injured workers’ treating healthcare professionals!
- Stop cutting benefits based on “pre-existing conditions”!
* Food will be provided at the event.
* Please note that this is a scent-free event, so please refrain from wearing scented products or fragrances.