The Ontario Federation of Labour and the Ontario Network of Injured Workers Groups, with the assistance of Injured Workers’ Consultants Community Legal Clinic, are sponsoring an exciting Workers’ Compensation Conference, November 3 (1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) & November 4 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) at the United Steelworkers Hall in downtown Toronto. [Download Registration form] Registration deadline: October 28, 2016.
The Conference will
- celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ONIWG, reflecting on its victories and lessons learned
- look at new developments in workers’ compensation, including work-related mental health conditions, recent Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT) decisions and new developments at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- set goals and actions to engage injured workers and WCB activists
- review recent changes at the WSIB, discuss problematic sections of the legislation and policy
- strategize efforts to lobby the government with our system partners to make the system fairer for injured workers
A registration fee of $150 is set for delegates and lunch will be provided. Please make cheques payable to “Injured Workers Consultants” and add Workers’ Compensation Conference in the memo line.
Delegates wishing to attend ONIWG’s Silver Anniversary Dinner, please check the box on the registration form and add an additional $35 to your registration fee.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn, 30 Carlton Street and will be held until October 21, 2016 at a rate of $131 single or double occupancy. To reserve a room please call the hotel directly at 416-977-6655 and indicate that you are part of the OFL/ONIWG WCB conference. Please identify which group you are with as ONIWG members will be directly billed, not individual payment.
Space is limited, so please register early.
Allergy alert: Please note that this is a scent-free event