ONIWG is organizing a province-wide Injured Worker Day of Action.
Injured workers and their allies will be taking to the streets to tell the province and the WSIB that enough is enough. Workers Compensation Is A Right. Now, more than ever. …. Read full ONIWG letter and check out province-wide Facebook event
The past year has seen:
- WSIB premiums cut by 30%, giving billions of dollars back to wealthy employers while injured workers’ continue to face benefit cuts.
- The government’s launch of a secretive review of WSIB and refusal to rule out privatization – which would further put injured workers at risk.
- Cuts to the budget of Legal Aid Ontario by 36%. Legal Aid provides many important services to injured workers, seniors, tenants facing eviction, people social assistance, and more.
- Barrie: 11am-1pm at Service Ontario – 34 Simcoe St. https://www.facebook.com/events/2112236752226458/
- Brampton: 4pm-5pm at the Gateway Transit Terminal – 510 Main St South
- Guelph: 11:30am-1:30pm City Hall – 1 Garden St
- Hamilton: 11am-noon MPP Donna Skelly’s Office – 2000 Garth St
- London: 11am-12:30pm Victoria Park (Northwest Corner)
- Niagara: 12pm-1pm MTO Building – 301 St Paul St
- Owen Sound: Meeting with MPP Bill Walker on Friday May 17th, time TBD
- Thunder Bay: 12pm-1pm MPP Michael Gravelle’s Office (outside) – 179 Algoma St S
- Toronto: 12pm-1pm Injured Workers Soup Kitchen at Simcoe Park Workers Memorial beside WSIB office -(Front & Simcoe) https://www.facebook.com/events/298541074377256/
- Windsor: 2pm-4pm at Charles Clark Square https://www.facebook.com/events/1123710141164927/
If you are unable to come to one of the events, CALL OR TEXT THE PREMIER AT 416-805-2156 to tell him that he must stop the cuts , and:
End PHANTOM JOBS
Listen to INJURED WORKERS’ DOCTORS
No cuts based on PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS