Once again, in May 2017 the Justice for Injured Workers bike ride focused attention on the plight of injured workers and their right to compensation for work-related injuries and illnesses. Peter Page, Richard Hudon, Allen Jones were joined this year by Nicole Simpson, with the support team of Karl Crevar and Willy Noiles. The Ride was dedicated to the memory of Rolly Marentette, labour and injured worker activist.
This year’s theme was RIGHTS FOR ALL – women workers, immigrant workers, union and non-union workers. The message the cyclists delivered was in response to growing number of injured workers whose benefits are slashed and are being downloaded onto welfare systems where they struggle to gain access to shelter, a liveable income, accessible and caring workplaces and respect.
Sponsored by the Ontario Network for Injured Workers’ Groups, this 3rd annual ride left from Ottawa, travelling through communities in southeastern Ontario to reach Toronto for the Injured Workers’ Day rally at Queen’s Park. Press Release
- Wednesday May 24, 2017 : Ottawa
- Thursday May 25, 2017: Ottawa – Cornwall (102 Km)
- Friday May 26, 2017: Cornwall – Brockville (64Km)
- Saturday May 27, 2017: Brockville – Kingston (82 Km)
- Sunday May 28, 2017: Kingston – Belleville (82Km)
- Monday May 29, 2017: Belleville – Cobourg (101)
- Tuesday May 30, 2017: Cobourg – Oshawa (62Km)
- Wednesday May 31, 2017 : Oshawa – Toronto (60Km)
- Thursday June 1st Rally at Queen’s Park 11:00 am